Monday, January 15, 2018

2018:Day 15

The three people that stayed in my campsite at Yosemite. 



It is day 15 of the New Year and I have come to the realization that I like to have a house full of people, even if I dont deal with them a lot. But it could be the size of the house. I mean it is like some 3000 square feet split between three floors. We are social creatures after all. When I was young, so many year ago, my father picked up the game of Dungeons & Dragons. We first plyed it at the college he was attending at the time in Pennsylvania back in the 70s, via the GI Bill. Eventually the games moved into the rambling farmhouse we had. The thing was, that for like thee or four years there was always people at our house. I really liked that feeling and that is one of the reasons why I opened my game store back in the day. The people. I have made some excellent friends because of that. Even though the shop has been closed since the start of the millennium I have always searched for that lost feeling of home. For example when I went to Yosemite a few years back, I just went with no plans, no reservations. I had to sign up for the first-come, first-served at the Rangers hut. For both days I have gotten a campsite and because all I had was my little Prius, and the sites can hold two cars and six people, I invited another car to stay at my camp.

We are all social creatures. Keep that in mind... 


No comments:

Post a Comment