Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2018: Day 2

Whoa.  It is the second day of the New Year.  What am I going to do?  What am I going to add?  What am I going to drop?  What am I going to be?  Four important questions and it is only the second day.  I am sure that I will have more in the coming days, weeks, hell, even months.  That is why I am trying to write here an a consistent basis.

A long time ago, back when I was still a babe, my mother said she took me to a fortune teller.  This was back when we were still in Taiwan.  She asked the fortune teller about my life and my mother was told that I would have a good life.  That according to my astrological signs (I was born in the Year of the Rooster) that I would be a lazy rooster and glide through life.  That I shouldn't get married until I was at least 30 to have a happy marriage.  She didn't bother telling me until I was well past 30 though!  Despite the series of bad luck I have had in the past, my life has been fairly good.  But, that is to say that it could be better.  I am trying to be a better person, better than I already am.  Maybe I just have to say it, to put it out into the world.  I am a big old introvert but maybe I will have to be more of an extrovert.  I will have to change, to evolve, to be the better person I aspire to be.  Leaner, healthier, a model of success.  I have got to be open to more things.  I have got to stand up for the causes that matter to me and of course to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment