Tuesday, January 23, 2018

2018: Day 22

The twenty-second day of the New Year and it isn't raining anymore. In fact it is a sunny day with clouds. Sigh. Anyways, I have got two books over the weekend that should help me on my thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail next year. The 2018 Nothbound AT Guide by David "AWOL" Miller is the first book picked up. I also picked up the 2018 Appalachian Trail Thru-hiker's Companion by Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association. Both of the books are excellent and will give me much to peruse over the next year as I plan my trip. The more I plan the more I will begin to feel the same trepidation that I felt when I went overseas to Japan alone. I hope that once I begin, the trepidation will disappear much like it did when I first saw the Japanese coast.



No comments:

Post a Comment