Saturday, January 13, 2018

2018: Day 13

Making carrot cake with my niece... yea gods I miss baking. 

It is the thirteenth day of the new year and it is a bright and sunny day. It knows that my niece is leaving tomorrow, hehe. They say that 13 is an unlucky number but I don't see it. It was my mother's lucky number and it was never a symbol of bad luck for our family. I just find it weird that numbers, among many things are considered to be bad luck. Walking under ladders, opening umbrellas indoors, breaking mirrors, the poor misaligned black cat. All those things can be explained. Walk under a ladder enough times and something will fall on you. Umbrellas are large and unwieldy outdoors as well as indoors. Mirrors used to be expensive, so you really didn't want to break them. Black cats were a scapegoat that used to be applied to evil witches. I've known and know many witches and none of them were evil. A few of them were... odd, but none of them evil. Thirteen is not unlucky. Nothing is the embodiment of unluck. Only our own perceived notions. Now I know I must seem hypocritical in saying that, but I never considered a specific thing as the embodiment of unluck.

And oh, the carrot cake was good... 


Sooooo good...

No comments:

Post a Comment