Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2018: Day 23

It is the twenty-third day, and it is cold and rainy. Mmmm, just like I like it. It would have been a nice night, wrapped up underneath two blankets except for the fact that at 3:55am I received a call. I was half asleep and accidentally hit the call end button insread of increasing the volume. After using the bathroom and getting some water, I tried to think of what and who it was that called. It sounded important and I figured out that a 7.9 earthquake hit off the coast of Alaska and it a tsunami warning. I turned on the local NPR Station, got on the internet and did some quick calculations. We are close to a hundred feet up from the shore, in elevation. I figured we might get some increased swells, but nothing that would reach us. It was some six miles down . I went back to sleep, or tried too. My brother called me and asked if I had a go bag packed. At 4:41am my phone rang again and it was the Sheriff calling ince more to cancelled the warning. Needless to say, I did not get much sleep last night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment