Tuesday, January 9, 2018

2018: Day 7

Day 7 of 2018 finds us on another cold and wet day.  But the thing is, I love the weather up here in Oregon.  It is one of the few things I like about the Beaver State.  Well, that and no sales tax.  That is pretty nice here as well.  Ever since the holidays however, I have been stuck in limbo, one of which I must, no WILL, free myself.

One of the things I must do is garner a more sustainable source of income.  For years I have been thinking about this problem and winning the lottery is not a viable option, hehe.  But then what is?  I have to be able to think of something and all I can think of is two options.  The first is stocks.  Now my knowledge of stocks is quite pitiful and I know little of the market.  My father however was quite knowledgeable and he figured it out by study and hard work.  It is something that I will have to research.

The other thing I have thought about is writing a novel, a book, a script, something.  I am by no means a Hemingway or a Tolkien, but I do have some good ideas for writing.  I think that I am rather good at creating a world around a simple idea.  I have written before and tried my hand at the National Novel Writing Month, but I didn’t finish.  It may seem like it is an easy thing to do, but it is not!


So, those are my two choices… I am doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment