Sunday, January 21, 2018

2018: Day 18

The month is fast coming to an end.  It is the 18th day of the New Year.  It is over half way done, much like I am in years.  Over half way done.  Now I am not one for bucket lists, the things you would like to do before you die.  To me it was a reminder of what you couldn't do because of whatever reason.  There are so many people out there who will just say that, that is an excuse.  I call it for what it is: the realities of life.  Some people are lucky in the fact that they can do whatever they want.

As for bucket lists, I keep mine rather small to avoid the inevitable disappointments that they will occur.  Hiking the Appalachian Trail, travelling to all the National Parks, to wake up in the morning with the woman I love.  And oh, there is a Japanese wrestler who people say I look like, I wanna meet him.  Small things that I  can accomplish, that I can look back and say, "good job, I did it."


There is something that I want to add to the list.  Doing the Rim-to-Rim Hike in the Grand Canyon.  It is something that I have wanted to do now ever since I have gone to the Grand Canyon in 2015.  It is something I would like to do by the end of this year.  It is a strenuous, twenty-odd mile hike down one rim, across the canyon floor and up the other side.  Crossing the canyon is not that hard.  Going down isn't that hard.  Coming up the five-thousand plus feet... that is hard.  But so is the twenty-two hundred miles of the Appalachian Trail, and I am looking forward to that.







No comments:

Post a Comment