Saturday, January 27, 2018

2018: Day 26

At 350 meters tall it is a long way down into the abyss at Tokyo Skytree. I hope you all are doing well my fellow adventurers. It is the 26th day of the New Year and it is nice and cold, still. I want to talk about holding on to stuff. When I was a young lad, I thought that I would be a father by now. That I would have a bunch of kids and a castle somewhere. A boy to carry on my name and four girls named after the four seasons: Winter, Autumn, Summer and Spring. It was a nice dream. As I grow older and that dream fades into my fantasy, I have taken into stock what I have in my life and I am sad to say, it is not much. All I have is my dreams and memories and a bunch of stuff, that is when I think about it, a bunch of junk. It is my junk however, but it must be pared down. I guess what I am afraid of is that that as I downsize, I will have nothing left of myself. Nothing left of me to say that I am here, was here, that I mattered. It is like I am standing at the edge of the abyss that has no is no bottom. 
Sigh. That really got dark fast. I did not mean to tread on such ground but it is the first time I have said this out loud. It is something that I will have to come to grips with. I still have hope. It is small and broken, nothing but embers right now, but it still smolders...


No comments:

Post a Comment