Sunday, January 21, 2018

2018: Day 21

Rain is coming down. The wind howls. A chill in the air. Yea gods, I do love this weather. Day twenty-one of the New Year. Yesterday on the 20th as the Woman's March titled “Resist & Persist Women’s March Lincoln County." According to the newspaper they had over 1600 participants, pretty big for a small town of ten-thousand people. I forgot about it. While sitting down at the coffee shop, I saw a rainbow flag flapping by while writing yesterday's blog. When I finished it, I saw them on my walk home. There were probably sixteen-hundred of them. If I had the time, I would have joined them on their march. I read more about them later that night, and it is to quote the News Lincoln County Internet Resource: “Resist patriarchy, corruption and oppression” and to “Persist for democracy, equality and truth.” Men, women and children who want to stand in support of these goals are urged to join in. Asked why they are marching, responses have been diverse: “for my granddaughter’s dreams,” “to help all of us to feel empowered,” “in support of Dreamers, immigrants, people of color, and all minority groups,” “in support of LGBTQ community members,” “to fight for the soul of our democracy.” Amy Greer of South Beach said “We can vote with our ballots, vote with our money and we can vote with our actions. Americans have the right to do that, but not for much longer, if we don’t protect those rights. Whatever you do, do something.” It is something that whole heartedly agree with.

It cleared up. There is no rain or wind though it is still cold. Hell, even the sun has come out. Blah…


No comments:

Post a Comment