Tuesday, January 2, 2018

2018

It is January 1, 2018 and it is a cold but sunny day.  It is looking to be a nice day, but I am thinking that it is going to be like every other day.  I am not going to be pessimistic, after all according to general concensus it is supposed to be a new year that anything could happen.  2017 is gone and it was a year that was filled with controversy, horror and an absolute fear for the future.  As such we will have to fight for our future, to make it better for everyone.  That is everyone, even those whom we hate and fear, and even as they still hate and fear us.  But, let us also remember that it was a year that was filled with laughter, with love and with hope.  Hope is important.  Hope is what makes us dream for a brighter tomorrow.  Even though I do not approve of our president, I approve of the reason why a good friend voted for him.  It is not because she agrees with any of his ideas, but the change that is before us all.  That it will bring down the parties and make us in four years think about what has gone wrong and fix what was done.  I just hope that there will be something left to fix.  Sigh.  How did this become political?  Stream of consciousness, I blame that.

2018 I hope will be filled with new adventures, new friends, new horizon and new travels.  I hope to banish old fears and replace them with new experiences.  I hope to stay in contact with my old friends, to strengthen them.  I hope I will have love returned for I do have so much to give.

So, to everyone who is going to read this, I hope for you as well to have those things.  I hope that you will all grow to love, to laugh and to have your dreams come true.  Even if it is just the small dreams that matter to only you.

So to me, it is just another day.  Catch me on the Year of the Dog, that is when it really will begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment