Thursday, September 4, 2014

Japan, Day 3


The sounds of cicadas droning out all other sounds.  This is what I was talking about yesterday, the cicadas can get so loud that they seem like drown out all other sound.  My day started at 4am local time.  I just couldn't sleep, but I think that is because I feel asleep around 9pm last night.  Jetlag is hitting me pretty hard.  So I stayed up and thought about the things I was going to do today.  So I took a shower, ate some toast and I was off to find the Shinkansen.  

+Jim Mullins got ahold of me last night and wanted me to come down to Shizuoka on Friday.  We would drive back up to Tokyo on Saturday for the YouTube Meetup.  A good plan, but I had to find out where the Shinkansen was located.  Oh my!  I had to take the the train from my house, Yoyogi Urehara to Shinjuku and from there take the subway to the Tokyo station.  It took me about two hours to find the Shinkansen and it cost some 6100 yen.  Good thing I always wanted to travel on the bullet train!  After I found it, I am pretty sure I can find it again.

So I made my way to Tokyo Station via the subway.  Oh boy was it a big place, both underground and above.  It took me a while but I found it.  Tokyo Station was big and the old building looked very nice as my pictures have seen.  The inside of the dome looked fantastic.  








 Stopping by the bathroom in the train station.  The Japanese are way ahead of us in the toilet technology.  It was the nicest toilet I have ever seen and it was a single, all for one person.




 Going back to Shinjuku I wandered around before heading back home.  I stopped by MOS Burger and seeing as how I was hungry, I ate it before I realized I forgot to take a picture.  It was pretty good.  A chili burger, the bun was soft and it was hot.  A combo bag of fries and onion rings and an iced coffee.

I dont know who this fella is... but he looked like he was grabbing an invisible cock...




















These two pictures were stuff I found around Yoyogi Uehara.  The crabs in a tank and a dead dragonfly.  There was a large black moth that I wanted to take a picture of, but it was flying around too erratically to take a picture off.

Thats all for today.  Tomorrow I head for Shizuoka...

No comments:

Post a Comment