Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Japan, Day 2

Okie.  I feel a bit more rested than I was yesterday, but I am experiencing a bit of jetlag.  Now I dont expect to do a blog a day, but I just want to give my thoughts on this adventure.

Now I am lacking in the Japanese language and that is something I am going to have to rectify, the sooner the better.  The think is I dont do so good being put on the spot.  Got to stop that.  I shouldnt expect the Japanese people to know English after all.  Like I just got some shopping done at a Maruetsu and the checker was very nice, but she mentioned points instead of change.  Now I think that is a system that they will use the change as points that you can use as payment for the future.

The picture is the first picture I took this morning from the window at around 6am.  It is almost noon right now and I have got a nice little breeze going through my room.  I is nice if I just sit here but if I move around outside it will get warm.  It is not that hot, but the humidity.  It is only 77 degrees but it feels like it is 88 because of the humidity.  That is Fahrenheit by the by.  In Celsius it it 25 degrees.  According to my phone it might storm on Friday and Saturday.  Ohh, I cant wait!

This is where I had a warm doughnut for breakfast.  It was raspberry filled and had a coating of cinnamon and sugar.  It was mighty good.

This here is my local train station, the Yoyogiuehara.  It is a long, mall like building, built like a mall.  They even have a Gold's Gym in the Eastern portion of the train station.  I got a Passmo card there.  It is an IC card that will allow me to ride the trains here with a prepaid system.  Tomorrow, I explore with even a greater range.

Now I was told by Steph, one of the others that I share my house with, that there is an Ofuro close by if I dont want to use the shared showers.  Now I looked for it.  I found the public laundry-mat but no baths.  I will have to ask her about when she gets back this evening.  She mentioned that she uses the laundry-mat because the washing machine here doesnt quite work that well.  I will take her word for it.

Now this is what I went shopping for at the Maruestu.  Some rice, a sandwich, some bread and riceballs.  I also got some apple jelly.  That and two drinks for 1431 yen, which is $13.60 according to today's exchange rate.  Not too bad. I think... I hope.






There it is.  Tokyo is Yours.  Mine I say!  I took this photo across from the laundry-mat.  It is a good sign, yes?

That is it right now.  It is 12:30pm at the moment and I have much more to do today.  There might be a Part 2 later tonight.





















No comments:

Post a Comment