Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 1st, 2014

"Today is the first page of a 365 page book.  Write a good one."

I sit and write this at the home of a good friend after the New Year.  I spent the New Year with good food and in good company.  Now I am awake around 8:30 and write this, I feel a little sad that this will be the last New Year's party that I possibly ever spend with these people.  It makes me sadder still that I have nothing to really hold me back anymore.  It is strange, but at the same time it is not.  I feel that I must travel now before I get too old.  I am only forty-four right now, not old at all, but in actuality I have nothing here but some really good friends.  I think that is why I am going to Japan.  It is different.  Different enough to possibly give me a new life.  This is the first day and I am going to try to make it and all my coming days worthwhile ones.

Well, to document this I will be writing here and posting videos on YouTube.  So join me on this adventure that I am taking.  I hope it won't be for naught.

No comments:

Post a Comment