Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I am not pissed off...

... anymore.

They cut my hours at the cram school I am subbing for.  The thing is I didnt even get to teach the Thursday class.  Now I waited an entire week before I wrote this because last Wednesday I was pissed off.  They said the higher ups werent sure if I could handle it.  Higher-ups?  They werent even in the classes to check on me.  The whole situation was quite strange and "M" wasnt too sure because she changed the story when I questioned her.  Sigh.  The only reason I could think of was because I didnt look white enough.

Yeah, thats right.  Not white enough.  It is something that I have noticed for the time I have been here.  I dont have the classical European features, so people people dont want me to teach.  Laura, the girl who lives at the share house with me got a job teaching, private lessons to group of really smart kids.  She didnt feel confident in teaching them, for her English isnt that good.  But the mother kept on saying that she was amazing with the kids and did everything in her power to keep Laura.  Now I am teaching Laura English, so I know how good her English is.  She wasnt good enough to teach them.

So I said I wasnt mad anymore.  I had to just get it off my chest.  I am not going to talk about it anymore.

No to more fun stuff.  Tuesday, I went to Qijin beach with Laura.  It is a black sand beach and was rather nice.  The sand was so fine however that it blew with the wind.  You could see the wind blowing, all you had to do was look for the mini sandstorm blowing in.









Laura's first coconut.

I want to walk the entire length of Qijin now.  I am thinking of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment