Sunday, November 30, 2014

Taiwan


Well, I had to leave Japan.  My three months were up and I had not found a job to keep me there.  So, I went to Kaohsuing Taiwan.  I havent been here since I was around 18 years old and things have changed in little ways.  There are a lot more scooters than there are bikes that I can see.  There are some newer shops, but they are amid old, ramshackle buildings.  Things seem a little gray and dingy.  I do not know if it is because it being overcast or not.

So I went on AirBnB and got myself a room.  The place is basically a share house that houses six people, above a restaurant. To get in, we have to go though a little alley, barely big enough to walk down.  I kinda like it, all things considered.  It is grungy like the city.  They are working on it though.



The smells of the Kaohsuing is rather pungent.  It is a mix of big city sewers, food smells from all of the stalls and shops selling food and the sea air.  There are other smells that waft through, like the high-end cosmetics shop that smells of lavender.  The night market brings a whole host of smells as well.  Everything from cooked chicken to the sweet smell of the candies that are made there as well.

More to come...




No comments:

Post a Comment